Gustavo T. Pfeiffer
Currently I am a Ph.D. candidate in Information and Communication Engineering at
the University of Tokyo, supervised by
Prof. Yoichi Sato.
Previously, I did
research for many years at the Computer Graphics Laboratory (LCG),
of COPPE-UFRJ, as a M.Sc.
student from PESC-UFRJ and as an undergraduate research student
during my graduation in Computer and Information Engineering at UFRJ. Before entering LCG, I had also
worked with Petroleum Reservoir Engineering at LABMA-UFRJ.
My research encompasses various themes within computer graphics and vision, including 3D reconstruction, physically-based appearance modeling and vision-based interaction. Currently I am working on stochastic optimization methods for inverse problems in computer graphics.
- E-mail: gtpfeiffer "at" ut-vision.org
- G. Pfeiffer, R. Marroquim, and A. A. F. de Oliveira, "WebcamPaperPen: A low-cost graphics tablet," (presentation, video, suppl. material) in 27th SIBGRAPI - Conference on Graphics, Patterns and Images, 2014. pp. 87–94.
- See also: Graduation Project, 2014: dissertation, presentation
- See also: Project webpage with downloads and source code.
Physically-based Appearance Modeling
Probabilistic Analysis of Matching Problems
- R. Marroquim, G. Pfeiffer, F. Carvalho, and A. A. Oliveira, "Texturing 3D models from sequential photos," The Visual Computer, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 983–993, 2012.
- R. Marroquim, G. Pfeiffer, F. Carvalho, and A. Oliveira, "Texturing 3D models with low geometric features," in 24th SIBGRAPI - Conference on Graphics, Patterns and Images, 2011. pp. 1–8.
History Matching (Petroleum Reservoir Engineering)
- F. Dickstein, P. Goldfeld, G. T. Pfeiffer, and R. V. Pinto, "Truncated conjugate gradient and improved LBFGS and TSVD for history matching," Computational Geosciences, vol. 22.1, pp. 309-327, 2018.
- F. Dickstein, P. Goldfeld, G. T. Pfeiffer, and R. V. Pinto. "Truncated Conjugate Gradient Method for History Matching in Reservoir Simulation," CNMAC 2016.
F. Dickstein, P. Goldfeld, G. T. Pfeiffer, E. P. S. Amorim, R. W. dos Santos and S. G. Gómez, "A study of the impact of 4d-seismic data on TSVD-based schemes for history matching," in SPE Latin American and Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference. Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2010.